Monday, July 7, 2014

What? Only 2 shopping days?

Early Monday morning, we had to take Candi to the airport so she could return to normal life.  We were very sad to see her go, but absolutely delighted that she was able to come spend some serious quality time with us here in Orlando!

First stop after the airport - IHOP!  This is definitely a family tradition that I love to carry on.  We all got pancakes, bacon, sausage and eggs of one type or another.










Alan decided to give the senior discount a miss, and so did I!  Senior discounts are ok, but we were in the mood for something more adventurous!  Like blueberry pancakes for me!



Next stop - Florida Mall!  Personally, I would do the discount malls first, but I was outvoted!  And we had to negotiate an hour more to the mall curfew because it was so big.  Three hours isn't really enough though. The lucky thing was, we had to return a few items so we returned to the Mall on the 4th of July!


The second trip to the Mall was better, since we knew the lay of the land by then.  Alan suggested I buy a charm for him to give me.  I liked that and went straight to the Pandora shop.  I have only ever purchased one charm before, that was the USA one, so I had no idea what I would get.



That is until I saw the Pretzel!  After Candi and I pouncing on Alan for Corbyn's discarded pretzel at Hollywood Studios, I feel this charm will keep that memory alive. And it connects so many of us!  So the pretzel is my personal symbol of our family trip to Orlando!





Back to our first shopping day though - on the way home, Alan got his technical fix by dropping in to Best Buys.  Still in the quest to get us connected to the internet at our holiday villa.  While he was there, I took the opportunity to walk into Barnes & Noble book store.  This is always a treat for me, no book store is too big for me to handle.  However, for the first time, ever, I did not buy a book.  I did manage to buy a Latte at their Starbucks though.  What else could I do? The sky had fallen in and I would have had to swim to the car!  So I sat back and enjoyed the peace and quiet for the short time a normal Florida storm wreaks havoc. Once they are over, it is business as usual!

The day was ending and we still had to have time at Walmart!  This is not the best way to spend a day in Florida, but it is a necessary day.  A trip to Florida, or anywhere in the US actually, is not complete without serious shopping!

"A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist."  ~Franklin P. Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment