Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Retracing Steps at Universal

We had not visited Universal or Islands of Adventure since about a week before Islands of Adventure opened in May 1999.  The area outside these 2 parks has grown so much, they are like their own city now!  You could spend days just wandering around all the restaurants and attractions here in City Walk before you even pay to get into the parks!

I thought I remembered both of those parks very well, but this area has grown so much, it made my head spin!  It is much louder and busier than the Disney parks, and has a completely different feel about it.  In reviewing my photos, I also realised I hardly took any!  It WAS hot and busy and I guess I just got distracted!





We spent a long time in Simpsonville!  It was great fun and very realistic, as far as it should feel to actually live in a cartoon strip!  Whitney had to drag her Dad out of Moe's - just too many of those Flaming Moe drinks!























Every so often, Corbyn agreed to go on a ride for folks his own age!



Like I said, we spent a lot of time looking for Bart Simpson!

















After a number of tries and a little help from the nice stall holder, Corbyn "won" the prize!  It was a soft Captain America toy!



It was not that long ago that we were there, but I cannot remember what upset Corbyn so much he required ice cream therapy!  I can't remember if it was a ride, or just heat and hunger.....either would be justifiable to require ice cream though!



















One of the all time favourite rides of everyone of all the parks was the Transformers ride!  And Corbyn loved this too.  




Too bad the lines for this were always so long, could have done it a few times!  









Just as we were getting ready to leave, we stumbled upon a Beetlejuice show!  Fun!


We never had a chance to find out what you could swap a child for!
(couldn't resist!  but it does seem like a great idea for parents to be able to swap and not miss out on  the scarier rides!)




Alan and I left the park early because I was on a mission to find Tervis tumblers for my mother-in-law. She loves the one I got at the Panama City Margaritaville and asked me to bring one back for her.  I was delighted to have to go to the City Walk Margaritaville and rewarded myself with my own Margarita while waiting for everyone else to leave the park.   Call it my ice cream therapy!  


“Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos.” 















No comments:

Post a Comment